Monday, March 16, 2009

Pregercize: My Kind of Workout

I've decided that I want to be pregnant, at least for the workouts. When I work out, there's a lot of grunting, sweating, and testosterone involved. There are typically pulled muscles, pain, and (if no one is watching) tears. My workouts are manly. Occasionally, I will find that after working out, I have actually grown more chest hair. That's a workout.


Kristin, however, is now doing pregnancy workouts. This typically involves medium-range walks, but this week it has been raining enough for Noah to float an ark. So she decided to do her pregnancy workout video today, and I was lucky enough to watch. It was quite a riot.


For starters, pregnancy workout videos are very lenient. The most common phrase I overheard was "If you feel like it, you can sit down for a little while". Or "Don't do anything you don't feel up to". Love these phrases- you would never find them on six minute abs.


And in case you thought they might be driving these women way too hard (which is why they would need all the breaks), don't worry. It seems that pregnant women are capable of walking in place, arching their backs, and breathing in and out. Mash together a combination of those moves, and you've got a workout video. For extra challenge, you can raise your arms up and down.


I've decided that tomorrow, instead of jogging, I'm going to do pregercize. And I'll take breaks when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment